This 4-week tune-up will guide you through healthy easy eats (and drinks), weekly fun challenges and sustainable approaches so that by the time summer rolls in or a special event you have or if you are just in need of a RECHARGE, this will leave you feeling great!
Remove any excuse and start having fun while you get healthier, happier, and more energized! Healthy living is all about keeping it simple in a way that supports your high performer lifestyle without sacrificing life! Make this your priority starting with the next couple of weeks, stay focused on consistent action and remember how you want to feel!
It’s time to feel good, in an enjoyable way! Each week the focus builds on the last week! And don’t forget to tag me on social or within the Simply Well Society! Let’s rock this!
Week 1 | Drinks: Water
What you drink is a perfect place to start when it comes to cleaning up the way you feel! Started drinking too much alcohol at night as a habit? Daily sodas or sugary coffees snuck into your day? Over caffeinated and under-hydrated? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone!
What you drink matters! When alcohol and other sugary drinks have taken the place of water – this is the time to reset! Hydration not only helps with energy, supports weight loss, keeps your body functioning properly but also helps the liver and other detox pathways in our bodies – important if you want to feel your best!
Start by drinking a minimum of 80 ounces a day (~5 standard water bottles) up to a gallon (128 ounces or 7.5 standard bottles). This is your first weekly challenge! Keep in mind, hydration needs will vary depending on age, sex, where you live, physical activity, etc. so be sure to adjust according to you yet challenge yourself to do this daily!
- Use a bigger water bottle to prevent sips and actually drink
- Drink first thing after you wake up and set goals around the day of how much water you want to drink
- Add in done-for-you electrolytes: from 40,000 volts to Amazing Grass there are lots of fun options!
DIY Electrolyte H20:
- Per 16 oz of water: add a pinch Himalayan sea salt + squeeze of lemon juice (½ of a lemon)! Or other fruits, veggies, and herbs like mint and cucumber! This not only adds some electrolytes to keep you better hydrated but also enhances the way it tastes. Need an energy booster? Add up to 1 tsp of local raw honey as a bonus!
- To save time – recommend making it in a big gallon jug, add the juice of 3-4 lemons, up to ¼ tsp of sea salt (depending on the exercise) + optional flavoring (like Stur)!
Week 2 | Foods: Single ingredients
Eat more single ingredient foods! One of the quickest ways to simplify your nutrition in a world where you don’t have a lot of time is to choose more single-ingredient foods. So what are they? Single-ingredient foods are whole, real foods – that’s it! Think fruits, vegetables, lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, etc.
These foods support exactly how you want to feel while keeping that digestion regular, bloat down, and energy up! Plus, these whole foods are much more filling than their processed food counterparts that tend to leave you craving for more which can lead to overeating. With these simple, whole options – you’ll find yourself being able to eat more while staying full longer – which is a bonus!
Starting this week, focus on making all your snacks single ingredient-based!
Here are a few examples to get you started
- Dried fruit + nuts
- Turkey wrapped apple slices
- Dates stuffed with peanut butter (made only from peanuts!)
- Bell pepper slices + hard cheddar stick
- Cucumber sandwich with hummus between two slices of cucumber
Think portable, easy, and ideally – more single ingredient foods!
- Cut and wash some of these ahead of time so you can use them when you are ready
- Store in clear containers – the easier you see the more you eat
- Plan just 1-2 in per day to enjoy throughout the week! Keeps you focused and more simple to do!
Week 3 | Plate It: Protein + Color
For each plate, you make, be sure to add enough protein and a color element! This not only is more simple to follow but allows you to create endless combinations of meal foundations that will keep you full, curb cravings to stop the “snacking through a meal,” supports building lean muscle and metabolism-boosting. As another bonus, it is essential to helping clear + elimination within the liver – important to break through plateaus and feeling better!
Starting this week, for each meal you make, add a palm size of protein and a fist-size color element (veggies and fruits)!
What counts as a protein?
- Animal sources like lean cuts of meat (-loin, round roast, etc.), poultry, fish, seafood, eggs etc.
- Plant sources like beans, lentils, peas, tofu, tempeh, seitan, and more
What counts as color?
- Fresh or frozen fruits and veggies! The more color the better but go for at least one color on the plate!
Week 4 | Movement: Simplicity in Steps
Be more active in your everyday life! Before you start any training program or even if you already follow one, it’s time to break up the sitting time and start moving more! Not only beneficial to feeling great (both on the inside and outside), but supports a good mood!
Starting this week, add more steps into your everyday routine. Aim to hit 8,000-10,000 steps per day!
Simple ways to do this:
- Start your day with a morning walk
- Set a reminder every hour to move
- Take a phone call on the go and walk while you talk
- Start with breaking up simple walking breaks outside for meetings, mid-day breaks, or take a walking lunch
- Try 2-3 short bursts of walks a day to help get these steps in. Not only great for the body but good for the mind as a mental refresher.
Whose in on this fun Summer Tune-up?! Make sure to join our wellness community and membership, The Simply Well Society, so you can meet everyone else in the community and get insider tips! And tag me on Instagram stories if you partake in the challenge!
And if you found this blog article helpful, I’d love if you could give it a pin below, please!